Foreman Windows Agent – New mining panel for CPU/GPU/ASIC/FPGA
Foreman Windows Agent is a new solution for managing your miners remotely (CPU / GPU / ASIC / FPGA), with support for Windows / Linux / MacOS / HaveOS / nvOC. To provide an open source miner management solution you can trust. No special operating system, no closed source binaries, and no opening your firewall to the world. A hosted, mobile-friendly dashboard that lets you monitor the situation based on metrics extracted by our open source app (miners).
- Hash rate monitoring
- Remotely modify ASIC miner pools
- Remote ASIC reboot
- Income statements without the need to provide your wallet addresses
- Centralized pool metrics
- Temperature report
- Warning When Something Wrong
- Uptime metrics
- ASIC and GPU support
- Integration of NiceHash, MiningRigRentals (and AutoMiner) and ProHashing
ASICs and FPGAs:
- ccminer (and forks)
- sgminer (and forks)
- suprminer (and forks)
- Download foreman (latest version).
- Unzip and install foreman.
- Add API information from here to conf / pickaxe.yml.
- Start mining.
- Add miners from your control panel! 🙂
To keep things simple, we recommend installing Pickaxe on every GPU installation. Querying multiple rigs from the same Pickaxe is possible, but requires knowledge of firewalls.
ASICs are another thing – they are available to any computer on your network, so a single computer that Pickaxe is running on (maybe even a GPU) can be used to query all of your ASICs.
- JDK version 8 (or higher)
- Apache Maven (only if building Pickaxe from sources)
Instructions for ASIC on Windows
The following steps should be done on your Windows computer:
- Download the latest version Foreman Windows Agent
- Open and replace content
conf/foreman.txtwith the following: apiKey=[ Your API Info ] clientId=[ Your API Info ]
- If Windows reports that this is an unrecognized application, click Details and then Run Anyway.
- When asked if this app can make changes to your device, select Yes.
- You will know something is working when you see Kirk appear here – it should be immediately
- It’s time to add a miner
- To stop the service, run:
- The agent will automatically update your pickaxe
Missing apiKey or clientId in foreman.txt
If you see this message anywhere, your conf / foreman.txt is not formatted correctly. See Windows steps above.