NBMiner v24.2 Crypto GPU(Nvidia) Miner for GRIN, AE, SERO, BTM, ETH, SWAP
mining. Program for mining Bytom, Ethereum and Grin on Nvidia graphics cards.
Changelog NBMiner v24.2
- Disable auto-switch from cuckaroo -> cuckarood
- Slightly improved RTX2060 performance on Grin29 under win10
- Fixed a problem with a crash on startup in some Linux distributions.
- A new option has been added, –generate-config to create a sample configuration file.
- Support Windows & Linux.
- Support backup mining pool configuration.
- SSL connection to mining pools.
- tensority_ethash 3%
- tensority(Pascal) 2%, tensority(Turing) 3%
- ethash 0.65%
- cuckaroo & cuckarood & cuckatoo & cuckoo_ae & cuckaroo_swap 2%
- progpow_sero 2%
- Version Nvidia Driver 377+
- Windows / Linux x64
- Nvidia GPU
First, consider the options for the fastest launch, and then move on to a detailed review of all the commands and features of this program.
For the quickest start, it will be enough:
- Download archive with the program
- Unzip to any convenient place
- Change wallet to your in file extension .bat
The archive with the program contains ready-made examples for Grin, Ethereum + Bytom, a configuration file, as well as instructions in Russian.
open_web_monitor – html file for monitoring the program through the Web interface.
Quick Launch Examples
- Edit file «grin-f2pool.bat»
- Change the username from the pool.
The program is launched by double-clicking on the file with the extension .bat
Let’s now look at the setting in more detail.
- nbminer The name of the program to run.
- -a cuckarood – indicate the algorithm of the mined coin.
- –o stratum+tcp://grin29.f2pool.com – after the construction -o stratum + tcp: // specify the address of the pool.
- :13654 put a colon and indicate the port of the pool
- -u rgz after the -u switch, specify the wallet address or login on the pool. The wallet can be opened at any convenient and safe exchange, or put an official wallet from a coin.
- .default – put a point and indicate the name of the farm (any)
- : x put a colon and specify a password (usually not required, so x)
- -long-format – isplay the program log
- -log create a log file with the name log_.txt.
- -di 24 indicate the intensity of the program (for dual mining)
A ready-made example of what we ended up with for the Grin coin using the cuckaroo29d algorithm
nbminer -a cuckarood -o stratum+tcp://grin29.f2pool.com:13654 -u rgz.default:x -long-format -log -di 24
Example for Ethereum + Bytom dual mining:
nbminer -a tensority_ethash -o stratum+tcp://btm.f2pool.com:9221 -u 0x0034335cc77e2e2b84c53683ef96c25e1486d5f3.dmdefault -do ethproxy+tcp://eth.f2pool.com:8008 -du 0x360d6f9efea21c82d341504366fd1c2eeea8fa9d.dmdefault -log -di 16
How to start
You can run the program by double-clicking on the file with the desired coin and with the extension .bat
- ALGO: cuckarood the program reports the algorithm we have selected
- URL: stratum+tcp://grin29.f2pool.com:13654
- USER: rgz.default:x login, worker and password
- ID 0: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11264 MВ, CC 61 device to be used and its temperature.
- Logging in to grin29.f2pool.com:13654 – attempt to establish a connection to the pool
- Login succeeded connection successful
- New iob from grin29.f2pool.com, ID: 71057520, DIFF: l.00 pool sent a new job for video cards
- #1 Share accepted, 3614 ms. [DEVICE 0] the first ball is accepted (share of work). You need to understand that the miner receives a reward for the sent balls.
- 0: 4.15 h/s – hash rate
Also, information on the cryptocurrency mining process can be viewed through the web interface. To do this, double-click the open_web_monitor file
- farm status – online
- total program run time
- user, worker and password
- user, worker and password
- statistics on video cards (hashrate, temperature, consumed power, fan speed, acceleration, core load, acceleration memory, memory load)
- pool statistics (difficulty, ping, accepted and not accepted balls)
For completeness, we will cover all possible command line arguments.
Command line arguments
If two commands are presented per line, then only one needs to be entered. The second is its synonym. Example: -h, –help are the same thing. Enter either -h or –help.
-h, –help – Displays help.
-v, –version – Displays program version information.
-c, –config Use json format configuration file instead of command line options.
Connection parameters for the pool:
-a, –-algo Choose an algorithm, tensority for BTM, ethash for Ethereum, cryptonightv8 for XMR and cuckarood for Grin.
-o, –url Pool URL Examples:
- BTM: stratum+tcp://btm.f2pool.com:9221 - BTM с SSL: stratum+ssl://btm.f2pool.com:9443 - ETH: ethproxy+tcp://eth.f2pool.com:8008 - ETH с NiceHash: ethnh+tcp://daggerhashimoto.eu.nicehash.com:3353
-u, –user – Wallet address or username on the pool. Examples:
- Формат: [username|wallet].workername:password - Пример: bm1xxxxxx.worker myusername.worker:password
-o1, –url1 – address for backup pool 2.
-u1, –user1 – Username for backup pool 2.
-o2, –url2 адрес для резервного пула 2.
-u2, –user2 Имя пользователя для резервного пула 2.
For dual mining:
-di, –secondary-intensity – Relative intensity for ETH in dual mining. Recommended: 8 – 24, default 16.
-do, –secondary-url – he address of the ETH pool in dual mining.
-du, –secondary-user – Username 2 for dual mining.
-do1, –secondary-url1 url address for the reserve pool 2 ETH in dual mining.
-du1, –secondary-user1 – Username for the backup ETH pool for dual mining.
-do2, –secondary-url2 url address for the reserve pool 2 ETH in dual mining.
-du2, –secondary-user2 Username 2 for dual mining.
–temperature-limit – Set the temperature limit of the video card, if it exceeds the specified one, the program will stop the video card for 10 seconds and check whether the card has cooled below the specified value. If yes, then mining will continue, if not, the pause will be extended. Example: –temperature-limit 75 means that when the temperature reaches 75 °, the program will start to pause and check every 10 seconds if the temperature has dropped to restart.
-i, –intensity – Specify a comma-separated list of intensities for maps
–cuckoo-intensity – Set the intensity of cuckoo, cuckarood, cuckatoo, [1 to 12] algorithms. A value of 0 means automatic adaptation. Default: 6.
–cuckatoo-power-optimize – Set this option to reduce the range of power consumed by the farm when mining using the cuckatoo algorithm. Warning: setting this option may lead to a decrease in mining performance.
–log – Create a log file with the name log_ .txt.
–log-file – Create your own log file. Note: this option will override ‘–log’.
–long-format Use the magazine format “yyyy-mm-dd-hh”
–RUN, –no-watchdog Disable watchdog timer.
–no-nvml Do not request cuda device health state when using ssl connection.
–reboot-times restart if the watchdog has reported an error several times. Interface:
–no-color Do not use color output in the console.
–fidelity-timeframe – Set timeframe for calculating accuracy, unit of measurement per hour. Default: 24.
–device-info – Show detailed information for each connected device in json format.
–device-info-json – Show detailed information for each connected device in json format.
-d, –devices – Show the list of video cards to use. Format: “-d 0,1,2,3” for using the first 4 GPUs.
–strict-ssl – Validate certificate using SSL connection.
-api – Host and port for servicing the REST API.
–grin29-fork-height – Change “height” to check if the algorithm changes automatically when grin29 makes a hard fork. Default: 262080
Solution of problems
The program crashes or does not start
If the program does not work stably or crashes, then you need to increase the virtual memory of the system:
We expose the page file in the system
Control Panel All Control Panel Elements System – Additional system parameters – Advanced tab, then Options, again the Advanced tab.
We find the Virtual memory settings, click Change. Remove a tick from the item “Automatically select the size of the swap file” and put checkbox “Specify size”. Specify the desired size in MB (Example for 6 cards – 45000). Click on the Set button. Reboot the farm.
Failed to login mining pool, please check mining pool username
The connection parameters to the pool are incorrectly specified in the username key (pool login or wallet address)